January 17, 2011

So I'm due for an update.

Been busy after picking up Record of Agarest War and Deathsmiles for the 360, and trying to balance those with QC'ing Hoshimemo and other things. Since I'm back in college, I don't have access to my 360 anymore, which means I can put more focus into Hoshimemo, anime, VNs, and MMOs... At least, when I'm not fucking swamped with shitty comp sci homework, on the first fucking day of class. But I digress.

So, since Holey has finals this week, there won't be any releases until Friday. Thought I should give you a heads-up for that. What else is going on? Well...

Hoshimemo:
-Overview: http://staircasesubs.wordpress.com/script-sizes/
-QC on the first common script (or first half of the prologue): First draft was done and sent in, but we ran into a few problems with encoding and whatnot. Should be taken care of over the next few days/week.
-QC on the second common script: Currently 40%, or 600/1568 done.

Anime:
-Mahou Shoujo/Puella Magi Madoka Magica is best tier, if only for Mami (totally not being biased for Kaori Mizuhashi). Unlimited Musket Works and catching a fucking teacup from god-knows-where after blowing up your enemy with a BMG is awesome.
-Also saw the first episodes of Rio: Rainbow Gate, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, and Dragon Crisis!. Rio was lolwut (but dat loli), Zombie was pretty awesome (but too many people acting like Ayumu is the first magical crossdresser in existence; see Prism Magical: Prism Generations!' OVA for another recent example), and Dragon Crisis! was dat Kugiloli + Toradora vibes.
-Fractale and Onii-chan no Koto are still on my backlog, as are the second episodes of the above. Oh, and I'm following Haiyoru! Nyaru-Ani. Short-ass show or not, it's still a humorous two-minute watch. And then I'm still looking forward to T.P. Sakura.
-From last season, still need to finish up Amagami and Yosuga. I've made zero progress on those since before the holidays... shitsux.
-For older anime, I finished Macross Frontier's TV series just before 2010 ended, and I've been working on Tears to Tiara next. Currently on episode 21. Good stuff. Also finishing up S1 of Koihime Musou, on episode 9. Speaking of which, MG's release of the VN got delayed to 2/28. Nobody cares about Guilty (no offense to MG devs).
-After a two-year hiatus and four years of subbing overall, the first season of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch finally finished subbing. I still need to watch the last episode, but it's bittersweet to see one of my favorite mahou shoujo (or perhaps, favorite overall) series come to an end... the first season, of course. There's still a 39-episode second season... God knows how long that'll take to finish subbing.

Games:
-Like I mentioned earlier, been playing Record of Agarest War and Deathsmiles.
-For Agarest, I didn't get very far (due to hard modo and having an OCD with overkilling everything), but it's alright. Game starts out slow at first due to lack of characters and therefore lack of movement/strategy, but once you get more characters/abilities, things improve. As far as characters go, Ellis is damn cute, but not weddable for the first gen... and she grows up anyway. Still, she's voiced by Kana Ueda, which makes her awesome. For this first playthrough, I'll probably marry Luana in the first gen.
-Deathsmiles, for those who don't know, is a remarkably short CAVE shmup. I've beaten the game at least twice with each character to see their alternate ends (save for Sakura, haven't played MBL yet). If I were to rank the sisters, it'd be Rosa > Windia > Casper > Follett. I've gotten close to but have not yet managed a 1'cc. I'll need a bit more practice.
-Reminder to self: Pick up Ghost Trick.
-Arcana Heart 3 also came out in Japan, looking forward to Aksys Games picking it up. Yes, I am expecting them to pick it up. For the record, Lilica is my main, though I also use Heart, Maori, Lieselotte (though I suck with her), and Fiona in the first game, and Petra (laggy character is laaaaggy) and Catherine in the second game. Thinking of trying out more characters in this third installment, like Akane, Nazuna, and Angellia in the second game, and the newcomers in this game, Eko and that redhead's name I can never spell... Scharlachrot.

Other:
-I have too many VNs on my backlog. The ones with the highest priority (besides Hoshimemo, of course) are Da Capo II, Kira Kira, and Soul Link. A little further down the list is Remember11, Symphonic Rain, and Sharin no Kuni. Beyond that, probably the SonoHana games. I also have non-translated VNs sitting on my laptop for the hell of it, namely D.C.D.X. ~Da Capo Dream Christmas~ (not enough Alice/Izumiko), Happiness!/Happiness! Relucks (Sumomo > Jun), and some others.
-http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/57806193

And I think I'm spent.

... I thought I didn't have anything to blog about, so I refrained from doing so and procrastinated. I guess I proved myself wrong somewhat, but it's typically in my behavior to work in sporadic bursts, not in consistent frequency. Still, naggy Holey is naggy. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment