April 03, 2011

Nichijou Episode 1 Impressions

Man, been a while since I've done this. Well, with the beginning of the Spring Season, I started watching a few shows, namely Dog Days, Hanasaku Iroha and Nichijou. What really stood out to me is Nichijou by far. I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of it.

Anyways, as I went through the episode, I noticed a lot of things about it: the quality and production value are off the charts. As expected of Kyoto Animation, they leave no space for faults. It was the same with K-On, despite what many of you may say. I mean, I didn't like it, but from a neutral standpoint the animation production value was obviously really high. For a slow and easy SoL show like Nichijou, I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyways, Nichijou is basically what happens when Azumanga Daioh has a one night stand with Lucky Star while Yotsuba has bareback hot sex with Pani Poni Dash as BakaTest secretly films all of it all the while being fucked silly in the ass by K-On. Well, in all, Nichijou certainly surpassed my expectations. I did read a few chapters of the manga beforehand, but I wasn't terribly impressed. I wasn't expecting much when I opened up the episode, but KyoAni again proves me wrong. Clever usage of facial expressions were cute and humorous, and really made the show shine.






Am I the ONLY one who thinks this guy resembles Keima Katsuragi?
There were two parts of the episode that really stood out to me. One, being the opening of the anime (played right after Nano induces a nuclear explosion merely by tripping too). Done by Hyadain, who some of you might know, the OP definitely caught my ear by surprise. Surprisingly really catchy and lively, it really fit well with the tone of the show. It's something I would even open up the episode again to watch and listen to again. I'll definitely be looking forward to it every week. What's even more amazing, the whole song is practically by him (Yes, even the female voices. That's his voice as far as I know, just remixed a bit). The level of detail in the opening is just ridiculous. Seriously, play it frame by frame.

Another part was the weiner. Those of you who watched the episode already know what I'm talking about.

Thick and juicy.
I implore those of you bored enough reading this blog post to watch the first episode. The humor is good, animation is top notch, and music is absolutely stellar. It's a nice deviation for me from watching stuff like Macross Frontier, Infinite Stratos (France-tan is still best-tan), Hanasaku Iroha and Dog Days.

This image appropriately represents my face when I watched Dog Days.

Did I mention that I have a new robot waifu? (No, this does not mean she is my waifu. She is my robot waifu.)

WHERE IS MY ARM--HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

3 comments:

  1. I'll check it out then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome! But when I tried to recommend it to people, I was mocked for watching "little animated girls". Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute of them! =3

    ReplyDelete