December 02, 2010

So I've Been Playing Monster Hunter 3rd Portable

Jesus christ this game is amazing.



Unfortunately, the only version out right now is in Japanese, but I'm sure an English patch will roll around sometime soon. How soon, is the question.

Anyways, first impressions of the game.

Amazing soundtrack. I really love the new atmosphere they set in with the setting and music in this one. Your character isn't as customizable as they are in Monster Hunter Tri, but it's good enough. Not like you'll be looking at the face much of the time, if at all.

The first new map is absolutely gorgeous. It really has this foreign, traditional Japanese feel to it, with the beautiful falling waterfalls and falling leaves.

Killed my first Great Jaggi so far. Nothing too hard, typical Monster Hunter Tri fare. I'm excited to see what future monsters have in store for me, especially the new ones.

Oh, and being a Lance main, the new attack is <3.

2 comments: