March 02, 2011

Happy birthday, Kanon Nakagawa!



As the title says, today, March 3rd, is Kanon's (from TWGOK) birthday. It also happens to be the day that her image song album, Birth, is released.

There are 10 tracks, 2 of which (the first and last track) are just instrumental pieces. The list goes:

1. Date of Birth
2. LOVE KANON
3. YES-TODAY
4. ALL 4 YOU
5. Uraha Love
6. Happy Crescent
7. Omoi wa Rain Rain
8. Love Call
9. Darling Baby
10. Birth

As far as the old songs go (Love Kanon, All 4 You, Happy Crescent, and Love Call), while I'm not completely sold on the full versions, all of them are still as good as they were in the anime... unless you hated them to begin with, I guess. >_>

IMO, Love Kanon and Happy Crescent are still catchy (AI MAI MEEEEEEE AIDORU WATASHIIII AIDORU), All 4 You is seemingly a lot better than it was before, and Love Call is still great, even if it's a song I personally can't get into.

As for the new songs... YES-TODAY didn't particularly interest me, but maybe it just needs a few more plays. Uraha Love and Omoi wa Rain Rain are lighthearted and surprisingly catchy, so they're good in my book.

Finally, Darling Baby definitely takes the cake as my #1 favorite on this album. Been playing that song nonstop since I downloaded the album.

Speaking of which, for those who want the album, you can check TT for a torrent, or here for DDL: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1BP3ABRJ/

Edit: Because the above link is down now, use this instead. -_-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YG36L0DO

Credit and thanks go to Shinnoden! for uploading.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with Nao Toyama's songs in this, especially considering that she's a newcomer and all. Which makes sense since she's only 18-soon-to-be-19, I guess. Random fun fact, her own birthday is 8 days from now, on the 11th.

In other news, I should be getting back to Hoshimemo QC'ing and other things after this week, as it will be my spring break. Let me tell you, these past few weeks have been hell. 2-3 comp sci projects a week is NOT fun. But apparently, said album release is enough for me to not only further procrastinate on the stupidly large projects I have due this Friday, but also enough motivation for me to make a blog post about it. <_<

Well, it's late here, so 'night, folks.

(Enjoy your Madoka 09 later today. :P)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Macaw ! Its Kanon ! \m/

    Thanks for the links. <3333333

    *bringing the goodies to the Kamitakus*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the links! :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. arigatou gozaimasu!!!

    ReplyDelete